How to Get Assessed
The ADD Information Service receives calls and provides information about neurological disorders and their assessment to support a range of people and organisations to help determine the most appropriate next step, including:
- Parent or family member or the adult for him/herself
- Doctor/GP General Practitioner
- Public Health Nurse
- School, e.g. teacher, or via RTLB Service (Resource Teacher: Learning & Behaviour)
- Parent to parent
- CAFS (Child, Adolescent and Family Service)
- GSE (Group Special Education)
The assessment process generally begins by referral to a specialist by one or more of the above.
An initial assessment by a specialist typically takes an hour.
Most patients will be reviewed as required by the specialist throughout the year.